Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Vest Onesie Set For Girls

When I first started making baby clothes, I was just making gifts to give to friends. I made the set below for a friend's baby boy about a year ago.

(Forgive the picture quality, it was just for my own personal use.)  

A couple of days ago, a young mom found this picture on my Facebook page and absolutely loved the outfit! BUT she is expecting a little baby girl. She asked if I could make it pink and girly...and I have to admit, I was a bit of a skeptic myself, at first. 

Of course, we looked on Pinterest and Etsy...and though we found some really great ideas, there really weren't any girly vest onesies! But after going over some different options and brainstorming with my mom, I finally got a finished product that I absolutely love!

I didn't think the tie would ever be girly. So, what better to replace it than ruffles, ribbon, and lace? And of course, every girl needs a coordinating hair piece!


post signature